You are probably accustomed to saving your favorite websites by bookmarking them. You can even create folders to keep related bookmarks in one convenient location.
Safari tab groups allow you to save a set of sites in an open tab and then reopen the group quickly and easily. This is great for websites that open daily for research, news, school, or business. Then you can switch to the group of sites you need, when you need them, with one quick action.
Tab groups are available in Safari on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. In addition, if you use iCloud to sync Safari between devices, you’ll see tab groups wherever you are.
Use Safari tab groups on iPhone and iPad
You can use the Safari tab groups on your iPhone or iPad to open the exact site you need at the moment, without having to open each one individually. This feature is available on iOS 15 and iPad OS 15 and above.
Create a tab group in Safari
You can create a tab group from the tabs that are open in the Safari window, or you can set an empty tab group to add your website later.
- Tap tab An icon on the toolbar at the bottom (top of the iPad).
- choose tab An arrow that shows the number of tabs currently open.
- Please choose either New empty tab group Also New tab group from X tab..
- Name and tap the tab group keep..
Then of the group with that name[タブの概要]Is displayed.When you’re done with the tab overview, tap end You will be returned to the website you were viewing.
Open and close Safari tab groups
You can open a tab group using the same actions that you would create a tab group.
- Tap tab Use the toolbar icons tab The arrow on the next screen.
- Select the tab group you want to open to see an overview of the tabs on your site that are included as thumbnails.
- Simply select a tab to view your website.
To close the tab group and return to the previous tab, tab Click the icon, then the arrow next to the tab group name at the bottom (top of the iPad). Then select the first option. It can be displayed as a 1-tab, 2-tab, or start page.
Add tabs to groups
You can add tabs to groups that already contain tabs or are empty.Long press tab Toolbar icon.select Go to tab group Then select a group.
Alternatively, open the tab group in the tab overview.choose Plus sign Open a new tab in the lower left (upper right on your iPad) to access the site. This will automatically add that tab (web page) to the group.
Rename or delete Safari tab groups
You can give an existing tab group a new name or delete the group altogether if you no longer need it.
- choose tab Alternatively, select the group name arrow at the bottom (top of the iPad) to edit..
- Tap 3 dots To the right of the tab group erase Also Rename.. You can also reorder the tab groups if you have multiple tab groups by dragging the three lines next to the group up or down.
- select end When finished, it will appear in the upper left corner of a small window.
Use tab groups in Safari on Mac
As with mobile Apple devices, Safari tab groups on your Mac make it easy to switch to a collection of websites. This feature is available in Safari 15 and above.
Create a Safari tab group from an open tab
If you already have one or more tabs open in Safari, you can quickly place them all in a tab group.
- choose Tab group picker On the toolbar.This is the arrow on the right Side bar icon.
- Choose New tab group with this tab If you have only one tab open, or New tab group with X tabs If multiple tabs are open.