As devices get smarter, automation of activities improves. iPhone users can doze off with peace of mind knowing that Sleep Her Timer will prevent her Apple Music from draining her phone’s battery.
Learn how to set sleep timers across Apple devices.
Usefulness of sleep timer
There are many reasons why you might want to use a sleep timer. For example, if you’re listening to an audiobook, you don’t want to wake up with some chapters skipped. Even if you fall asleep with an audiobook, you definitely don’t want to wake up to the tone of the voice actor’s voice changing.
You can also extend your phone’s battery life with a sleep timer. Additionally, you may want to reduce unnecessary bandwidth wastage.
iPhone native sleep timer location
Starting with iOS 7, the iPhone has a built-in sleep timer. However, it’s not so obvious to find as it’s buried in another app, the Clock app. has advantages.
Besides saving storage space, you can hide the screen of the built-in clock app while performing functions. The integrated sleep timer continues to run as a background process.
How to Set Apple Music Sleep Timer
Open the Clock app to start the process. You can find apps using two methods:
- Using Control Center: If you’re using an iPhone X or later model, you can swipe down from the top right to open Control Center. For older models, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap the Clock app icon.
- Or you can find clock app in the app library.
After launching clock appyou will see timer It’s in the bottom right area. Tap it.
Here you have the following options:
- Duration of the timer.to save the period When timer ends.
- internal When timer ends Tap stop playing condition.
- to tap setting Confirm your selection.
When you play Apple Music songs or other content from other apps, playback automatically stops when the timer ends.
Automate your sleep timer routine with the Shortcuts app
If you’re familiar with your Dailies, there’s another way to set a sleep timer. In this way, the feature will be active during specified times of the day without manual configuration.
- To get started, first shortcut app.
- In the bottom corner of the Shortcuts app, tap automation.
- If you are new to the app, please tap the blue button Create a personal automation. If you have used it before, Plus (+) Click the button. next, Create a personal automation Press the button.
- under new automationchoose Times of Day About when to pause Apple Music.When done, tap Next.
- select add action. You can search for what you want. In this case, we want to pause, so we type it in the search bar.
- From the search results, red[再生/一時停止]Tap the button.
- from the bottom menu[一時停止]Select to add a check mark.
- [次へ]Tap to disable and exit automation settings. ask before doing.
This way, the Shortcuts app will run automatically during that time without the hassle of asking for permission before running.
take a nap without worry
You can use your iPhone as a sleep-inducing device both through automation in the Shortcuts app and directly from the Clock app. No more disturbing your sleep or wasting your bandwidth with tone changes.
Knowing Apple well, they may implement a more convenient and intuitive solution for Apple Music itself. But for the time being, these methods will suffice. Finally, you can further explore the Shortcuts app to automate various activities.