Have you ever forgotten your important password and couldn’t find it? For example, if your computer is set up to enter your password automatically, but you need to provide your WiFi password to your visitors, or if you need to sign in to an email from a device other than your home computer. , You really need to display the password. ..
On your Mac, there are several ways to help you find your password. Learn how to find your password stored on your Mac. That way, you don’t have to worry about forgetting your password.
How to find your password on your Mac using Keychain Access
Considering all the security threats you encounter when browsing the web, we recommend that you use strong and unique passwords for all the websites you need. It is impossible to memorize all of them unless you have perfect memories.
Fortunately, the Mac has a built-in app called Keychain Access that you can use to verify your saved password. To find your password using Keychain Access on your Mac, follow these steps:
- Open Finder and application Open the application folder from the left sidebar.
- Scroll down to select utility..
- In this folder, Keychain access Open the app.
To find a Keychain Access app on your Mac Spotlight search..Located in the upper right corner of the screen or using keyboard shortcuts Cmd + + space Open it.Then type Keychain access To find the app.
- Once inside the application password From the left sidebar.
- To make your search more efficient, use the search bar in the upper right corner of the app to enter the name of the application or website that requires a password. If there are duplicates, please search for the latest one.
- When you find the password you need, select it.
- In the pop-up window Show password..
- Keychain Access prompts you to enter the password that you use to log in to your computer.
The required password is Show password line.
How to find a WiFi password on your Mac
Not many people really know their home WiFi password. So if a friend comes in and asks you to use the internet, finding your WiFi password can be a problem.
To quickly find your WiFi password on your Mac using Keychain Access, follow these steps:
- Follow the path finder >> >> application >> >> utility >> >> Keychain access Open the Keychain Access app.
- Find the name of your WiFi network and enter it in the search bar of the Keychain Access app.
- From the list of results, select the latest entry.
- In the pop-up box Show password..
- Enter the user name and password that you will use to log in to your computer.
You should now see your password in the app below. Show password..
How to find the password stored in Safari
If you use Safari frequently and store your password there, it may be easier to find your password using Safari. To find the password you saved in Safari, follow these steps:
- Launch Safari on your Mac.
- From the browser menu Environmental setting..